Delving into the secrets behind hit products and popular services
In the Department of Commercial Science, students learn the "distribution" of goods and services up to the point they reach consumers from the producer, about "marketing", where consumer needs are predicted and new markets then created, and more. They also study matters concerning everything related to "commerce", from the flow of goods and money and the ways of looking at product development to the methods of analyzing market trends. The convenience stores and restaurants that we all use regularly, the goods that are produced one right after another... our very surroundings are filled with many things connected to commercial science. Students learn the foundations of commercial science, starting from familiar items, and acquire extensive knowledge in connection with commercial transactions, such as administrative accounting, management information, and law.
1. Learn all things related to "commerce"
- The goods and services that we purchase from supermarkets, retail stores, and over the Internet... What is the structure and system that exists between the creation of such goods and service and when we receive them? And how is that developed? The Department of Commercial Science investigates that flow from a variety of angles.
2. Consider the distribution process of goods and the creation of new markets
- Learning is developed in the two fields of "Distribution", up to the point that goods and services reach consumers from the producer, and "Marketing", where consumer needs are predicted and new markets then created. Students acquire diverse knowledge in connection with commercial transactions, such as administrative accounting, management information, and law, as well as planning skills and practical skills towards analyzing and developing markets.
3. Foster the ability to present new and pioneering proposals in times of intense change
- In today’s age, every individual can deal with people overseas and even buy foreign products easily due to the diffusion of the Internet. In line with this globalization of our economic society, the Department of Commercial Science aims to raise the ability of our students to transform the structure of distribution according to environmental changes, their skill to grasp the needs of the market, and their expertise in planning and implementing the development of new products and services, etc.
An image of students appropriate to this Department
- Wants to learn about the history of commerce, such as the retail business, about its present circumstances, and about how it will look in the future
- Is interested in the overall distribution process, from post-production, through wholesale and retail, and up to purchase by the consumer and the eventual disposal of the product
- Is interested in the import and export of goods
- Wants to learn about the information and information processing technology that are needed up to the point that goods reach consumers from the producer
- Wants to learn about the law required for business, such as that related to purchasing and sales of goods
- Wants to work as a teacher of commerce, or in a job that advises about the management of retail and other businesses
- Is interested in the different means employed in producing a hit product
- Wants to learn about consumer shopping habits and consumer psychology
- Is interested in the manufacturing cost, purchase price, sales price, etc., of goods
- Wants to be engaged in work in the development and purchasing of new products
- Wants to be engaged in work involving interaction with people, such as marketing and sales
- Wants to establish their own company or to be a manager in the retail, food service, or general service industries, etc.
In "Distribution", we aim at nurturing individuals who are well-versed in wholesale, retail, physical distribution, finance, and information, and who can reassess business relationships between companies while responding to environmental changes like globalization and computerization, in addition to being able to build new business relationships. In "Marketing", the goal is to foster individuals who can grasp the needs of the marketplace, development new businesses, and plan and implement the development of new products and new services, etc.
Conferment of a graduate’s degree
Graduates are given a university degree in commercial science.