"Nurturing Individuals Who Will Benefit the World", the philosophy behind the establishment of our university; that is our mission at OUC.
"Four Pillars" of thought are required in order to nurture those "individuals who will benefit the world," and, for more than 80 years now, this university has directed its energy towards the implementation of practical education with those goals in mind.
The philosophy behind the university
Nurturing Individuals Who Will Benefit the World
The four pillars of thought that support the philosophy
- Kindness and Courtesy
- Strong, outstanding individuals with a sense of responsibility who understand the type of "kindness and courtesy" that is recognized in the international community
- Fundamental & Practical Learning
- Individuals who sincerely involve themselves in activities towards "fundamental and practical learning"
- Flexible Thinking
- Individuals who can demonstrate "flexible thinking" that enables them to respond to changes in any situation
- Enjoyment of Life
- Individuals who always demonstrate positive thinking and display an "enjoyment of life" even under difficult circumstances
The emblem of this university expresses razor-sharp strength in a soft form. The design confers a variegated three-dimensional effect, appealing to a sense of stirring motion, of "floating, leaping and flying". It conveys the message "Develop your imagination freely and spread your wings out widely towards the future."