Institutes / Research
The following are some of the facilities and research institutes affiliated with OUC.
The OUC library contains about 480,000 reference volumes and more than 2,200 kinds of magazines.
- Research Center for Japanese General Social Surveys
This project organization conducts comprehensive social surveys in Japan in conjunction with the University of Tokyo and overseas research organizations.
- The Institute of Regional Studies
This research institute conducts investigation into regional studies of Kansai District as well as the whole of Asia focusing on the keyword "comparison".
- The Institute of Amusement Industry Studies
This is Japan's first research institution at a university level specializing in the amusement industry.
- Museum of Commercial History
This museum conveys the history and charm of the merchant city of Osaka.
- Center for Comprehensive Education & Exchange
This center is used for an Entrepreneurial education, Local exchanges, International exchanges and special education like OBP course, GET course and Fieldwork Seminar.
- The Institute of Joint Participation
This Institute conducts investigation of social inclusion, approaches a problem and develops human resources.